Wilmslow Riding Club is affiliated to the British Riding Clubs (BRC) and a member of the Northern Liaison Group (NLG) Area 3. Area qualifiers for the British Riding Club Championships are held throughout the year and interested members should read the following guidelines and click on the relevant competition below for further details.
An email will be circulated before each qualifier with all the information needed for the competition ie classes, entry fees. If you wish to compete just follow the instructions in the email. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Vicki Pye or Loulie Secker.
All competitions are team and individual and are open to both Juniors and Seniors.
Guidelines are as follows:-
- In order to be considered for team selection and to represent the Club all animals must a have valid up-to-date Passport and Vaccination Record which will be required for inspection at the Area Qualifiers and Championships. Check your animals vaccination by using the online vaccination checker available on the BRC website.
- Membership subscriptions must be received six weeks before the date of the qualifier which allows sufficient time for members details to be forwarded to the BRC.
- All riders must wear protective headwear with the harness correctly adjusted and fastened. Protective headwear constitutes a hat that meets the standards as detailed in the Riding Club Rules and must show a visible BRC hat tag. Hat tagging will be available at all qualifiers and championships.
- All riders must be smartly dressed and animals are to be well turned out. See the BRC Rulebook for Dress Guidelines, available for download from the BRC website.
- See the BRC Rulebook for Eligibility of Ponies, Horses & Riders, available to dowload from the BRC website.
- Team members must be available for all presentations otherwise rosettes and prizes will not be awarded.
- Members competing at the Area Qualifiers must be available to compete at the relevant Championships should the Club qualify. Even if you are not a member of the qualifying team you may be required as a reserve.
- Should any team competition coincide with a Riding Club competition points will be awarded on an average basis to those members representing the Club who would normally compete at the Riding Club.
- Team members must be able to arrange their own transport.
Cross Country Competitions:-
- British Standards body protectors are compulsory for all cross country competitions. A BETA Level 3 (purple label) manufactured in the year 2000 or after must be worn. If a rider chooses to wear an air bag style protector this must be worn over a permitted body protector.
- Medical armbands are compulsory for all cross country competitios and must worn on the arm not the leg.